3 TbspRoasted Shallot Oil, divided
1 tspSmokey Bacon Sea Salt
2 cups Butternut Squash, chopped
2 cupsBrown Butter Sage Butternut Squash Risotto
1 cup White Wine
4-5 Vegetable Stock
1lb Ground Sausage
Sage Leaves, to finish
Parmesan, to finish
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Toss butternut squash with 1 tbsp olive oil and sea salt. Roast until tender, about 40 mins.
- Meanwhile in a large wide skillet heat remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage and brown. Add 2 cups of rice and stir until well coated. Toasted for 3-4 minutes.
- Add wine and stir continually. Allow to fully cook off.
- Add 1 cup of stock at a time allowing the stock to fully evaporate before adding another cup of stock.
- Continue to cook stirring frequently until rice is al dente, about 30 minutes.
- Top with roasted butternut squash and sage. Serve immediately.