Sausage, Squash, and Red Pepper Dressing (Stuffing)
You can feel confident this gravy recipe will be enjoyed on more than just the turkey. Enjoy on mashed potatoes, stuffing, and much more. It’s that good!
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 65 minutes - Total Time: 85 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 Tbsp Caramelized Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb Pork Sausage
- 1 Red Pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 Baguette, cubed into 1" pieces
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Wild Garlic Dried Herb Blend
- 1 cup Pecorino or Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 tsp Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, eggs, wild garlic, pecorino cheese, sea salt & pepper.
- Cook the sausage in a large-wide saucepan until cooked throughout, crumbling to create small pieces.
- Add the red pepper and butternut squash and cook until softened and slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the bread cubes to the pan, tossing to toast, cooking another 5 minutes.
- Add the bread mixture to the stock mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a baking dish and bake until golden on top and warmed throughout, about 45 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.