Truffled Mac & Cheese
Truffled Mac & Cheese is the ultimate comfort food using Avocado and Black Truffle Olive Oil to intensify the flavor in a new and refreshing way. This creamy and delicious dish will become a staple in your kitchen for your next dinner gathering around the table.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 40 minutes - Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1/2 lb Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Quart Whole Milk, warm
- 4 cups Gruyere Cheese, grated
- 2 cups White Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Fresh Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add a pasta rock for 2 minutes to salt your water then remove. Add pasta and cook for 2 minutes short of package directions. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of avocado oil in a large sauté pan, add the mushrooms, and cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes until they are tender.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of avocado oil and the flour into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes over low heat, stirring to create a paste.
- Slowly whisk in the warm milk and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring until the mushroom sauce is thickened and creamy.
- Taking sauce off the heat, add the black truffle olive oil, gruyere and cheddar cheeses, sea salt, and pepper. Stir in the cooked pasta to coat. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the parsley and panko over the pasta and bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the sauce is bubbly and the crumbs are golden brown. Serve hot.