Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Vinaigrette
Fresh and flavorful! This delicious recipe combines savory veggies, tangy citrus, and creamy nuts and cheese in perfect harmony. Perfect for hot summer days. Make it a meal by adding grilled chicken or shrimp.
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Cook Time: 10 minutes - Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 cup Arugula
- 1 Grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup Shelled Pumpkin Seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Create the dressing by whisking together the grapefruit vinegar and mustard. While whisking, slowly drizzle in 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, cut the zucchini into ribbons. Toss the ribbons with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and sea salt.
- Grill or sauté the zucchini slices over medium-high until crisp-tender.
- Transfer the hot zucchini to a large serving platter along with the spinach and arugula. Drizzle the vegetables with enough dressing to taste.
- Garnish salad with grapefruit, toasted pumpkin seeds, and feta cheese. Enjoy!