Blood Orange French Toast
The best way to make French Toast! Simply take the sweetness to a whole new level using blood orange olive oil and then dust with powdered sugar, a sprinkle of sugar & spice dipper and serve with fruit. Truly amazing and such a treat!
Prep Time:10 minutes - Cook Time:40 minutes - Total Time:50 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 4-5 Tbsp Blood Orange Olive Oil, divided
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Sugar & Spice Dipper
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt (Vanilla Bean or Sel Gris)
- 1/2 Italian Baguette sliced into 8-10 ½” thick pieces
- Berries or Fresh Fruit for garnish
- In a wide, shallow dish, whisk together the half-and-half, 1 Tbsp blood orange olive oil, eggs, sugar and spice, and salt.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the remaining blood orange olive oil.
- Dip each bread slice into the egg mixture, allowing to soak for 15 seconds per side.
- In batches to avoid overcrowding the pan, place each slice of soaked bread into the hot pan, cooking until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Keep warm in the oven or tented with foil while you finish cooking the others.
- Arrange on a pan, dust with powdered sugar, a sprinkle of sugar & spice dipper, and serve with fruit. For a super gourmet touch, try a drizzle of balsamic glaze!