Cranberry & Herb Grilled Cheese
Take your favorite gooey sandwich to the next level with this recipe! Savory rosemary and sweet tart cranberry sauce melds perfectly with creamy cheeses and smoked speck for the ultimate grilled cheese.
Prep Time: 5 minutes - Cook Time: 10-15 minutes - Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 slices Artisanal Bread
- 2 Tbsp Orange Cranberry Sauce (recipe below)
- 2-3 slices Gruyere cheese
- 2-3 slices White Cheddar cheese
- 2-3 slices Fontina Cheese
- 4 slices Speck (Smoked Prosciutto)
- 1/4 up Mixed Greens
Orange Cranberry Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Maple Orange Shaker
- 1/4 cup Cranberry Spice Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Bean Sea Salt
To make the Orange Cranberry Sauce
- In a saucepan combine all ingredients except sea salt. Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat
- Use a potato masher to break apart cranberries as they cook down. Sauce is done when juices have evaporated and sauce has thickened.
- Finish with sea salt before serving.
To make the Grilled Cheese:
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Build the sandwich by spooning the cranberry sauce on one side. Add the cheese and speck. Close with a second piece of bread and drizzle with Wild Rosemary Olive Oil.
- Grill sandwich until cheese has melted and bread has turned golden, flipping halfway.
- Finish sandwich with mixed greens and serve immediately.
Cranberry& Herb Grilled Cheese with Maple Orange Cranberry Sauce Recipe Kit