Mango & Blueberry Quinoa Salad with a Citrus Vinaigrette
The sweet elements of fresh fruit and honey pairs perfectly with savory cheese and herbs to brighten up any meal. Quinoa can be used as a blank canvas to paint a flavorful culinary dish. Because it is simple and flavorful, you can add this quinoa dish to either a fancy decadent meal or a simple dinner for two. It acts as a perfect companion for chicken, shrimp and other seafood. Serve as a main dish or as a side.
Prep Time: 15 minutes - Cook Time: 15 minutes - Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Dried Mango, chopped
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped Parsley
- Combine quinoa and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes then fluff with a fork.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the honey and vinegar of your choice. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to whisk. This completes the dressing.
- Pour dressing over cooked quinoa. Add blueberries, mango, feta cheese and parsley. Stir, finish with Vanilla Bean Sea Salt and serve.