Pasta With Vodka Cream Sauce
This simple, classic dish should be kept in everybody’s back pocket. You will never want to eat jarred pasta sauce again once you realize how easy it is to make a flavorful sauce by simply combining a can of tomatoes with the right spices and of course some vodka. Simply cook your pasta while your sauce cooks and presto, dinner is crazy fast. Add some sausage or chicken when you cook your onion if you want some protein.
Prep Time:5 minutes - Cook Time:15 minutes - Total Time:20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (Caramelized Garlic or Frantoia)
- 1/2 Onion, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Smoked Chili Rub
- 1 (28 oz) can Diced Tomatoes
- Sea Salt (Roasted Garlic or Sriracha) to taste
- 1/3 cup Vodka
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 lb Italian Pasta cooked al dente
- Parsley, for garnish
- Grated Pecorino or Parmesan Cheese, for serving
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and tomato paste and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add sweet chili rub, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds .
- Stir in tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add vodka and simmer briskly on medium-high heat until alcohol flavor is cooked off, 8 to 10 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Stir in cream and cook until hot, about 1 minute.
- Add pasta and toss over medium heat until pasta absorbs some of the sauce, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in parsley and adjust seasoning with sea salt. Divide among pasta bowls and serve immediately, finishing with cheese.