Roasted Beet, Pear, & Nut Salad
I love when people tell me they don't like beets because I get to make this dish for them and prove to them how amazing beets can be when prepared correctly and with good balsamic vinegar. A perfect summer, fall, or winter dish! Great for lunch, dinner, or as a side dish alongside grilled chicken or pork.
Prep Time:15 minutes - Cook Time:45 minutes - Total Time:60 minutes
Yield: 2-4 People
- 4-6 medium Red and/or Golden Beets
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 Ripe Pear, sliced
- 1 cup Salad Greens (Arugula or Spinach)
- ¼ cup Hazelnuts, toasted
- ¼ cup Feta or Goat Cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash each beet and slice into wedges.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and place the beets on top. Drizzle with the olive oil and 2 tablespoons vinegar, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with more foil and roll the edges to create a pouch for the beets. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Layer the beets on a bed of salad greens with pear slices. Sprinkle with hazelnuts and cheese. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!