Warm Bacon & Kale Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
This salad is so colorful and delicious you will want to serve it for the holidays. The warm bacon sun dried tomato vinaigrette help make all the flavors come alive.
Prep Time: 15 minutes - Cook Time: 18 minutes - Total Time: 33 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 10-12 stalks Kale
- 5-7 Radishes, sliced thin
- 4 pieces bacon, diced
- 2 cups Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbsp Sicilian Lemon Olive Oil
- 6-8 Sundried tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 Apple, cored and diced
- 2 Tbsp Sundried Tomato Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Almonds, chopped
- Prepare the kale by removing the center stems and dicing the leaves finely. Add the radishes. Set aside.
- In a medium size skillet cook the bacon until crispy. Spoon the grease out of the pan.
- To the bacon, add the olive oil. Once hot, add the sundried tomatoes and apples. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until warm.
- Add the vinegar and cook for another 2 minutes to reduce a bit.
- Pour the warm dressing over the kale and toss to coat. Garnish with chopped almonds
- Enjoy immediately or let it rest at room temperature for 30-60 minutes for the flavors to marinate.