Bourbon Sweet Potato Gratin with a Bacon Pecan Crumble
This side dish is packed full of healthy ingredients and flavors. With the crunchy crumble on top, you will want to go back for seconds.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 60 minutes - Total Time: 85 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 3 Yams, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp Cumin Spice Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Cream Butter Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp Bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups Half & Half
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Coffee Rub
- 1/4 cup Sweet Cream Butter Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Bourbon
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1 cup bacon, crumbled (slightly undercooked)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the potato slices in an 8x8 baking dish. Season liberally with cumin spice sea salt and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté skillet. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the cold bourbon and allow to cook-off. Add the half & half and coffee rub and cook until hot and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Pour the hot mixture over the potatoes and set aside.
- Make the crumble by combining all of the crumble ingredients and stirring together with a fork.
- Scatter the crumble atop the potatoes and transfer to the oven.
- Bake until the potatoes are cooked throughout, 40-45 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!