Balsamic Whiskey Cream Sauce
What could be better than whiskey, balsamic, and steak? This easy to make, mouthwatering sauce will have you licking your plate and craving more. Enjoy over coffee rubbed steak, pork, wild game or roasted potatoes.
Prep Time:5 minutes - Cook Time:15 minutes - Total Time:20 minutes
Yield: ½ cup
- 2 Tbsp Oil (Caramelized Garlic or Avocado Oil)
- 1 Onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (Sriracha or Roasted Garlic)
- 1/2 cup Whiskey
- 2 Tbsp Chocolate Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil. Add the onions, season with salt, and cook until soft and slightly caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Add the whiskey and Chocolate Espresso Balsamic Vinegar to deglaze the pan. Scrape up any yummy brown bits and stir as the liquid reduces for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cream and allow to cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over coffee rubbed steak, pork, or wild game, toss with pasta or quinoa, or use as a gravy for mashed potatoes. Enjoy!