Lemon Blueberry Olive Oil Cupcakes With Champagne Frosting
These sweet and tasty cupcakes are made with Sicilian Lemon Olive Oil and finished off with a smooth and creamy frosting.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 20 minutes - Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 People
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Blueberries
- 1/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup Champagne
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Butter, room temperature
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Champagne or Prosecco (drink the rest)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a blender process blueberries, coconut milk, champagne, sugar, vanilla, and Sicilian Lemon Olive Oil.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients and blend until smooth. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full with mixture.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Beat together butter, olive oil, and powdered sugar for frosting. Then add champagne and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into a large zip top bag. Cut a small corner off of the bottom.
- Pipe frosting onto each cupcake and garnish with fresh blueberries.